7.05.2007

An Open Letter

Dear Taco Bell,
Long time fan, first time writer. I would like to start by giving credit where credit is due. Whenever I have the urge to boycott fast food, I always put you on my exempt list. Hell, even during Weight Watchers I used to frequently partake of your classic tacos because of their low points. That diet is a thing of the past but my run for the border occurs at least once or twice a month. Your hand-held Crunch Wrap is high on my list of favorite menu items. When you introduced the modified 7-Layer version, I practically gave you a standing ovation. Sure, it could have used a hint of your delicious ground beef but I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. When I tried to satisfy my craving for one recently I was told you no longer made that item. Was I disappointed? I'd be lying if I said no. However I moved on. I decided to take the leap and try one of your Extreme Beef & Cheese Quesadillas. Oh. My. God. Can you say sabroso? I decided to let it slide that you took away the 7-Layer Crunch Wrap because you more than made up for it with the x-treme tastiness.
Tonight, after work, I bee-lined over to my local Taco Bell to grab an Extreme Beef & Cheese Quesadilla for dinner. When I rolled up to the drive-thru order speaker I was perplexed. That item was no longer visible on the menu. I only saw chicken and steak quesadillas- two big No-Nos at the Bell for this loyal eater. There must be some mistake, I thought to myself, so I asked for it by name. Again with this "discontinued" bullshit! WTF? You get me hooked on your savory treats only to take them away? Why do you do this to me? Are you trying to lose my business? My loyal dedication to you? Tell me! Tell me why!
So it has come to this. I'm considering a boycott. By way of this blog, I can reach approximately 25 people a day. When those 25 people each tell a person and that person spreads the word further, I have a feeling you will re-think this "give and take away" nonsense. You have two options: bring those mouth-watering menu items back or cut the shit on this limited time offer teasing you think is so clever. You're not only hurting your fans, ultimately you're hurting yourself. I know you'll make the right choice.
Yours,
Randi

6 comments:

exile said...

i'm waging war on Del Taco

let's not eat there together

Itchy said...

Well now I just want some Taco Bell...

David's Traveling said...

Arrrrr, Avast! We can pillage and plunder the local Taco Bell - which shows them our resolve, and satisfies our hunger at the same time.

notfainthearted said...

If I say I'll join the boycott does it still count if I already don't eat there?

Coodence said...

MMMM Original tacos are so good. With fire sauce. It has been several years but I'll never forget their deliciousness.

Sorry you're mad at T-Bell, homes.

kevin said...

You can ask for things that aren't listed on the menu all the time... Cheesy Gordita Crunch isn't listed and I always order that