7.25.2007

"It" Girls

I wasn't going to address this but I feel as if I've been left no choice. It's not like they need more coverage: Britney, Lindsay and Paris. These "ladies" (and I used that term as loosely as I assume their private parts are) have all of the privilege in the world. They have notoriety. They're rich. They're famous. They used to have their looks. Now? I mean, they're no better than white trash. Vagina flashes. Arrests. Divorces. Custody battles. Drug abuse. DUIs. Prison sentences. Is jail the new Ivy? I'm not even sure if that's a hip club any more... Haha. But you know what I'm getting at.
I suppose I am to blame for my irritation on this subject as I admit to frequenting tabloid websites like TMZ and Perez Hilton and have therefore been bombarded with constant coverage of these girls' failures. I would be better off reading Harry Potter or studying Spanish to pass the free time at work. But somehow they suck me in. Britney used to be my lady crush. Now? I look at her and wonder if she's loved by anyone in her life. The lust has been replaced by pity. I fell in love with Lindsay in Mean Girls... and then I don't know what happened to her. There has never been a soft spot in my heart for Paris though. Nope. Can't even muster sympathy.
All of it just seems like such a waste. And whether they like it or not, little girls look up to these three. They want to be singers and actresses and the center of attention just like their idols. And rather than setting a good example, Paris, Lindsay and Britney are instead giving the impression that women are nothing more than substance abusing floozies and attention whores. That brains come second to beauty and fashion. Quite frankly, I fear for the children that are our future. Little boys that want to grow up to be thugs like 50 Cent. Little girls that dress like 20 year old street walkers.
Thank God for the likes of the newly reformed Christina Aguilera. For Pink and her statements like "Stupid Girls." Rappers like Nas. If only the "It" people of Hollywood spent more time endorsing education and philanthropy instead of clubs and drugs. Instead of shopping sprees at Kitson, maybe they should consider giving their time and money to local children in need, become their heroes for a better reason than what they're offering now. Make their fame worth it.

8 comments:

Buzz said...

Yup.

good post.

ceedee said...

thats why I am in love with Angelina Jolie. At least she does something with her fame. And if you've got millions, why not adopt a bunch of kids? More power to 'em.

Itchy said...

And this is why I refuse to watch that Bret Michaels crap. Those women look to be fine examples of what not to do.

Randi said...

Buzz: Thank you.

Ceedee: At least Angie is making up for acting like a freak in her past. I give her kudos as well.

Itchy: Those women are not role models. They are participants on a reality show that will go off the air in a month. I think that the impression made by the gruesome threesome is much worse.

Coodence said...

Awesome. Good post, kid.

You should hit up Urban Dictionary and give them your definition:

White trash: Vagina flashes. Arrests. Divorces. Custody battles. Drug abuse. DUIs. Prison sentences.

LOL

Sassy One said...

Awesome post. So true.

They are nothing but a bunch of filthy ditch pigs now.

Shora said...

Here here!!! Well said babe, as always.

Rach said...

Hi angel,
I agree with you so much on this one, I am sure it is a new culture of white trash that is coming our way. I fear for my honeys, if these are their role models then GOD HELP US ALL.
x