7.17.2007

Gawl Dang Termites

My building is in the process of being fumigated. That means last night after work I had to go home and pack up all my food items in airtight plastic bags. Not only the stuff in the cupboards, but the refrigerated and frozen food as well. Nothing like doing that in an apartment that is approximately 85 degrees every evening thanks to the sun setting directly in my windows. Can you say "sweaty?" Because I have hypoallergenic mattress covers, those also had to be removed. All six of my gorgeous, healthy houseplants had to be transported over to my parents' house lest they fall victim to the poison assigned to kill the termites. Who knew those little bastards were eating my place of residence? Now I am homeless. Not exactly but I do have the pleasure of staying with my folks until Thursday. What that actually translates to is: no puffing at the end of my work day, no internet after work hours, no tv in my room, constant monitoring of my every movement, morning updates on the weather, repetitious story telling and living out of a suit case. All of the finer things in life. Then again, my beer and delicious home cooked meals will be free for four days so I guess I can't complain. By the time this fumigation is over, it will have been almost an entire week since I've slept in my own bed, something I know I will appreciate now that it has been taken away for so long. Oh, independence and freedom. How I love thee.

4 comments:

Monsieur Scott said...

such a tough life randi-poo

Sassy One said...

That's insane!!

Do you think termites get splinters?

Itchy said...

Did you know that you can eat termites and they apparently taste like sugar?

Is this true? I dunno. It's living in my head and I shared. Not for me to say.

exile said...

ooooooh, don't forget to rewash your dishes!

the poision is all over your plates and mugs too!...

sleep tight!