7.10.2007

Autobots vs. Decepticons

Now this? Is a summer blockbuster. It's got a sweet romance, hot cars, lots of action and a fair share of laughs. Not to mention one of the sexiest and star studded casts around. They keep calling Shia LaBeouf the next Tom Hanks but frankly I think I love Shia more. He's a stinkin' cutie pie. And newcomer Megan Fox? Well the name says it all. But on with the show.
I wasn't sure what to expect walking into Transformers because die hard fans seem to frown on the inconsistencies while newbies are raving. Transformers toys were a big part of my childhood (as well as My Little Pony who gets a subtle nod in the flick) but I can't say they defined who I was growing up. Ultimately, there was very little cooler than a car that could transform into a robot. And at the time, seeing that was limited to cartoons and action figures! Now, when the dopest Camaro in town turns into Bumblebee or a flame-detailed semi truck turns into Optimus Prime in "real life"... well that, in a word, is rad. Don't get me wrong, there is some absolute cheesiness and cliches in Transformers. Kevin thinks the director, Michael Bay, is a hack. And I have to wonder if HLP had as much fun watching the action as I did... but all in all I would recommend this movie if you need to beat the heat or kill some time this summer. Coming in at just under three hours, though, I have to wonder if it needed to be that long. Not that I'm complaining. The movie wasn't even over yet and I was thinking of going again. More than meets the eye, indeed.

4 comments:

Coodence said...

Yay!! I totally loved the transformers when I was a kid, too. I'm glad the movie was good.

But about the length. Since when did 3 hour movies become the norm?!

Itchy said...

What about those of us that do not know these Transformers? Will people such as that enjoy this movie? Though, to be fair, I'm not seeing anything before I see Die Hard. Well, except Harry Potter but that goes without saying...

kevin said...

I hope Michael Bay is found in an alley bleeding from his anus and decides to give up directing forever.

Also that ten pound thing is a lie you are going to eat a ton of ice cream.

Shora said...

You are, without question, my absolute favourite movie reviewer of all time. MUAH.