6.02.2007

Random Scary Movie On Cable

AMC late-night on Fridays is crazy. Last night we stumbled across this 1978 Classic. Naturally, it was followed by Puppet Master but I digress. So for some background, I may or not participate in some herbal relaxation methods. Usually, when I am involved in this extracurricular activity, I get sucked into movies I would normally never give a second glance. Magic happens to be one such movie. Ann-Margret a.k.a. Elvis's former flame? Burgess Meredith a.k.a. Rocky Balboa's coach? Anthony Hopkins a.k.a. Hannibal Lecter? Dude, I had no idea Sir Anthony even existed prior to Silence of the Lambs. Well maybe I'm exaggerating, but still. This movie is fucked up. There I said it. Ventriloquism is creepy as it is but when that wooden dummy can act on his own will to stab a dude? Well that just pushes me right over the edge. Chucky was scary but Fats is downright terrifying. So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to see a creepy movie, maybe come Halloween-time? Magic is one that flew under my radar but now that I've seen it I may be a bit scarred for life.

No comments: