6.21.2007

The Oxymoron That Is The Summer Cold

Wouldn't you know it? After snuggling with E all day on Father's Day and having him wipe his snotty little nose all over auntie, I have taken on his cold as my own. A summer cold? Really? That sort of thing should be outlawed. And it figures that as soon as I got back on my fitness kick this would happen. But rather than let it ground me, I decided to skip the gym in favor of a nice long walk around the 'hood with HLP. The June gloom has finally lifted and blue skies and warm weather are abundant these days. Today is the official first day of summer. Summer solstice, if you will. Time for BBQs. For road trips to the Bay. For washing the car in cut-offs and a halter top. For flip-flop tans. For picnics. For laying out by the pool. Mmm. How did this turn in to a Summer Love Thursday?

4 comments:

Buzz said...

Flip flop tans...

Well said.

Sorry about the cold though, no fun.

Itchy said...

I've been sick ever since the second day in Mexico. I'm TIRED of it, too. So tired...

Still trying to stay happy 'bout it being summer though. And hoping my pool gets straight before I lose the wee bit of tan I have. Dammit...

(my word verification is hpydmx, which as I read it sounds like Happy DMX, and my belief is that he is not really all that happy.

Sassy One said...

My flip flop tan is well under way!

Happy summer solstice to you!

Jessica said...

You should NEVER get colds from little ones. They last FOREVER!!