6.02.2007

Most. Hilarious. Movie. Ever.

I went into Knocked Up with the feeling that if it was half as good as 40-Year Old Virgin, I'd be stoked. I can't believe I'm typing these words, but KU blew 40 clean out of the water. Whenever I see a hilarious movie I say, "I don't think I've ever laughed that hard." This time, with certainty, I can say my life was in danger due to the extreme laughter during the first half of this movie. Kevin can attest. Thankfully, he saved my life by letting me suck on an ice cube from the bottom of his empty Mountain Dew to lubricate my Sahara-dry throat. People, I could have choked to death. That is no joke.
There is a very good chance that I will have to see this movie again in the theater, it was that good. I think I missed about half of the hilarious one-liners because they were coming rapid fire. The cast was amazing and the chemistry was tangible. And just like 40, KU manages to turn stoner humor into a sentimental, romantic good feeling. Everybody wins. The ultimate date movie. A must-purchase on the day it is released on DVD. This is a classic.
And as a sign of good things to come, there was a trailer for Superbad, starring many of the same actors and written by Seth Rogen (who is in good form to take over the roles Will Ferrell may be getting too old for). Kevin laughed so hard there were tears in the corners of his eyes. It's a good thing this one doesn't come out until August, I need some recupe time.

5 comments:

hotdrwife said...

This is a movie I'm going to see in the theater!! I'm hoping to sneak away on Monday and see it .. :)

Buzz said...

It was the funniest damn thing I've seen in forever. Great film, HILARIOUS...


-buzz

Sassy One said...

Awesome to hear! We tried to get in Friday night, but it was sold out..so we saw Shrek. I'm going back for knocked up!

Maine said...

Mentally noted...

steve said...

That funny huh........well I will have to see it then!!