6.14.2007

Hump Day Recap

Thanks to Pink Is The New Blog I have reverted to childhood. Yesterday after work I bee-lined it to Mik's (No, not Mike's) Comics in Oxnard and purchased Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 8 in comic book form. I could be mistaken but I am not sure the man behind the counter took kindly to the fact that I called myself a nerd for wanting these as comics are apparently his life. Oh well. I feel that a 30-year old woman has no business in a store that sells that sort of merchandise lest she is looking for a child's gift. Either way, all but one is now in my possession. The other one's on order. Meaning I have to go back.
That? Was the nice part of my afternoon. Unfortunately, the rest of it sort of sucked. Yesterday morning I had gone for x-rays because my ribs hurt so badly. Moral of that story? A grown-ass woman has no business experimenting with x-treme sports. Anyhoo, nothing is broken so I was prescribed a pain killer. That pain killer? Motrin. Fuck all that noise! If I am going to pick up a prescription from a pharmacy I want it to be for a Soma or a Vicodin not something I can buy over the counter! Grrr. But when I went to pick it up, it wasn't filled. So I'm trying to dull the pain with Ibuprofen. Not really working.
By the time I got home at 5:30, I was spent. I threw in a microwave dinner and kicked my heels up with my Entertainment Weekly hoping to just chill. Instead, my neighbors decided it would be the perfect time to serenade the apartment complex with a string of Lowrider Oldies and a finale of "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston. On full blast. However, at around 10:30 their music bumping escalated into hand-to-hand combat, breaking glass and a bevy of repetitive expletives. Enough is enough so I called the Oxnard PD and they came to take a report. I would like to commend their prompt response time. They were there in no more than 5 minutes. The cops no sooner left and they were at it again. The saddest part is they have a little girl and she's watching her parents abuse each other. That's simply no good.
So I ask you this. If you were the neighbor hearing these sorts of shenanigans, would you have called the police or just ignored it? On one hand, I'm glad I called if for no other reason than that child's well being. On the other hand, I did break out in a cold sweat when the cops arrived because I fear retribution. I blame too many episodes of The Sopranos.

1 comment:

Itchy said...

From what I understand, based on where I work, I'm legally obligated to report any suspected abuse. So yeah...I would have called.

Not only that? But I used to call the cops in my drug dealer back door neighbors were playing their R Kelly Sex Jams too loudly while they were sexin' up their latest lady of the night. I should not have to listen to "Back the Fuck Up" while I'm trying to watch TV in a room that was OPPOSITE where they were.

That's when I realized that I'm...a fuddy duddy...

OH...but don't diss the pharmaceutical Motrin. From what I recall, that stuff was fantastic! But then I also react strangely to medications...