6.05.2007

Baby Steps

First of all, I want to give a shout out to Buzz for keeping me in line after yesterday's post. Thanks to his encouragement, this little lady dragged her ass to the gym last night and burned upwards of 400 calories on the elliptical trainer. Not only that, but I passed on the puffing and the ever-so-perfect beer that would have complimented the 4 tacos (no sides) I binged on at my mom's place. But? I feel I was still triumphant by passing on home made brownies. Oh, mom. Ever the saboteur. Gotta love her.
I don't know if it's possible to be depressed while on antidepressant medication but there is a very good chance that that is what's going on here. I went to bed at 8:30 last night. I just feel so... funky. So "meh" for those of you who speak blogger. The weather outside is not helping any. June Gloom is my least favorite part of living near the beach. All the other months of the year have pretty much perfect weather but the summer months are no less than depressing.
And just so you don't think I'm exaggerating on the weight thing (yes, I'm obsessed), I weighed myself last night and it's not good. Now I'm even more committed to staying on the straight and narrow as far as this diet is concerned. I hope to drop around 8 pounds by the end of June and hopefully keep plugging along into July. Being out of school is nice for a while but I think I'm one of those people that demands structure. This free-time thing is hard.

2 comments: