5.22.2007

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things

Last night I had no class and I could think of no finer feeling. I came into work at 8 instead of 7:30. I actually took an hour lunch break. And just knowing I didn't have to drive to campus at 5 o'clock was the best. Instead I drove to the gym and, shock of all shocks, they let me in even though it has been ages since my last visit. I trotted to the locker room with my head held high and a smile on my face. I threw on my work out gear, laced up my sneakers and popped my MP3 player headphones into my ears. I hopped on that treadmill and I ran. Well, walked at a fast pace and eventually jogged but close enough. Don't judge me! That long lost feeling of a sweaty face and lungs burning with each breath came rushing back. The pride I felt with that single droplet of sweat running from the crook of my elbow reminded me what I have been missing for the last few months: the exhilaration of exercise.
I've been a bit lazy lately with the physical fitness and the eating right. Birthday celebrations and out of town visitors will do that to a gal. My pants are still loose though and I still feel pretty good. I'm back to measuring out my Cheerios, eating fruits for snacks and having salads chock full o' veggies for lunch. The boozin' has got to come to a screeching halt or at least slow down a bit. I can't remember the last time I went on a bender like this last one (I'm talking weeks) but drinking daily just isn't my bag, baby. And it's not doing the Buddha belly any favors. My new goal is to fit into some size 10 Calvin Klein capris that I've had for years. Slipped 'em on this morning and they "fit" but the material was screaming as it stretched over my ass, hip and thighs. I heard it.

5 comments:

Rhys said...

You go girl! I know you can do it!!!!

Isn't walking into the gym after you've been gone forever the weirdest feeling? I almost expect a buzzer of shame to go off on me or something. :)

I love reading your entries about getting into shape because I'm finally doing the same thing myself. We can share tales of pain! :)

And victory.

Coodence said...

TGI Summer dude. Thank god.

Itchy said...

Yay!

Sassy One said...

Well done!
I'm rooting for you on the size 10's.

fyrchk said...

HA! I was at the dentist today with an inmate and the dentist's pants were split on the side.

Embarrassing.