5.29.2007

Aftermath

If there is one thing I love about not being in school it is that I can read for pleasure. The most recent book I've devoured is Aftermath, Inc: Cleaning Up After CSI Goes Home. If it isn't abundantly clear by now to my faithful readers and friends, I am a bit obsessed with all things "true crime." My television may as well have a default setting to Court TV, I may or may not have a crush on Bill Curtis of A&E fame, and when I was wee I used to fall asleep to Robert Stack's melodious narration on Unsolved Mysteries. I also used to be the proud owner of an encyclopedia of serial killers until I got jacked. Falling asleep to tales of murder and mayhem? Yes, I am a sicko.
About a month ago I read an article excerpt from this book in the pages of Maxim magazine. The book's author, Gil Reavill, is a regular writer of their true crime features so it is very casually written. Not scientific at all. The stories of the dark side of human behavior made this book a must have for me. Though I rarely purchase a hardcover, I made an exception. For those of you that don't know, Aftermath, Inc. is an actual business that deals with the clean-up of hazardous materials and biological waste that is left after a violent crime or accident has occurred. This book is chock full of interesting information about all things crime scene. And a plus side for the squeamish? No gory pictures. If you have any interest in this sort of genre at all, this is a must read. Plus it's super easy.
Like your mom.

4 comments:

Sassy One said...

You are all scholarly and promote literacy..and then you crack a mom joke.

That's why I love you.

Itchy said...

I so need that encyclopedia of serial killers. I would LOVE it. I think that every time you mention it. I'm fascinated by them. I'm not sure why. But I am...

The Scooterlicious One said...

Had to throw the mom joke in...

Hack Attack said...

I'm the AUTHOR, okay? And I appreciate all the kind words. Except the ones about my mom. I could've been your dad, too -- except I didn't have change for a five.

In the unlikely event you can't get enough of me, check out:
http://www.aftermaththebook.com/
And:
http://dirtywriters.blogspot.com/
Thanks again!