5.01.2007

165, Baby!

Since I recently lost about 7 pounds and am wearing baggy size 10s I thought I would share with you a couple things I do in case you, too, are in diet mode:
  • Eat a salad at least 4 lunches a week. And not a calorie-laden taco salad, either. I'm talking fresh veggies and a tablespoon of a vinaigrette-type dressing. I use a soy ginger organic dressing and my salads generally consist of the following: romaine, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, snap peas and a smattering of chicken breast.
  • Have a snack every three hours. I like a banana at about 10 a.m. and an apple around 3 p.m. Just say no to chips and cookies.
  • Drink water, water, water.
  • Splenda instead of sugar in your coffee.
  • Subway sandwiches are a great substitute for fast food, which is a HUGE no-no now. I eat there at least twice a week for dinner.
  • Measure out a cup of cereal for breakfast rather than pouring straight into the bowl. I'm currently enjoying Multi Grain Cheerios. And I switched from 2% to 1% milk.
  • Like a smoker craves ciggies, I crave snacks. The same way I don't buy cigarettes, I no longer stock the fridge with diet ice cream or keep candy handy. If it's not around, I don't eat it.
  • Only eat half of what is served at a restaurant or make sure there is always food on your plate when you leave the table. I cover mine with a napkin to avoid picking at it while we sit there.
  • When cravings strike allow yourself a Hershey miniature rather than eat a whole candy bar. Rather than deny yourself, just limit your indulgences.
  • Limit alcohol consumption to the weekends (if you can). Pick wine over beer.
  • If you have a bad day and binge and fill up on the bad stuff, don't give up. Tomorrow's a new day.

And those are my tips. Follow them or don't. All I'm saying is it's working for me. I even wore a bikini over the weekend. Not that I looked like Tyra Banks, but I wasn't mortified by my reflection so it was a personal victory. Can you imagine what would happen if I actually had time to go to the gym???

5 comments:

hotdrwife said...

What great advice, Randi! I've also started eating almonds for snacks. They are great for energy boosting, too.

More importantly, congrats on the seven pounds down!!! :)

Sassy One said...

You are better then any Dr. Phil diet book, that's for sure!

Rhys said...

Girl, you read my mind! This is EXACTLY what I needed to know! Thanks!

Rhys said...

And congratulations on your hard work paying off. :) The Pussycat Dolls will be knocking on your door any day now. Yeeoooow!

Jessica said...

Yay for 7 lost pounds!