4.26.2007

Myspace

I have a serious love/hate relationship with myspace. Like, I know it's a breeding ground for whores and deviants yet I find myself logging in almost every day. It allows me to import my gmail contacts to see if anyone on my list is enrolled. It lets me search by my graduation year in high shool. I've managed to acquire 105 friends this way. Please don't envy how popular I am. I've got blogger friends. Pets of friends. Bands I love. But for what purpose?
I can shamefully say I totally check out my ex-boyfriend's page and wonder why he still looks exactly the same as the day we broke up. Isn't he supposed to be all fat and bloated now that he's married and has babies?
My friend Kevin has a myspace blog and he gets like 200 comments a day. I'm super jealous.
I have absolutely no idea where I'm going with this. Just like I have absolutely no idea where this blog is heading. Prozac, man. Totally gives me writer's block. I have no more crazy rage to vent. My self-loathing is at an all-time low. Kind of makes for boring reading. I'll try harder next week.

7 comments:

Sassy One said...

No is more boring then me right now...
We need some excitement in our lives!

fyrchk said...

I totally do the same thing. I have no idea why I log into MySpace, yet I do...weird.

And at least you blog. I haven't in forever. I need to update!

kevin said...

200? thanks for selling me short...

hotdrwife said...

I joined Myspace because Fyrchk did, and now my brother is finally on it - and it's the only way I hear from him. He leaves me seriously awful comments with Brian Peppers involved. I've also found college friends and high school friends, and what not.

Did I mention you damn cute your nephew is lately?? Just wondering. :)

fyrchk said...

Uh...not to be contrary, but HDW was on MySpace first. Like MONTHS before me...just sayin'.

Rhys said...

Hahahaha! I loathe MySpace and yet must return to it, like I'm visiting the scene of a crime or something. It's a serious pain in the ass with all the spam and all...but something about it. I haven't found any exes, but I've found several 'little kids' I used to babysit for, all in their 'MySpace' poses, and damn I feel old!
Stupid MySpace.

Jessica said...

It's weird how MySpace sucks you in.