4.28.2007

Hot Fuzz

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to wait a week to see this film though my anticipation to see it had been pretty high. I've always enjoyed British humor and my trip to London in January solidified that for me. While there I was taken aback by how polite and helpful nearly all the Brits I encountered were. Hot Fuzz definitely plays off of this reputation and takes every opportunity to lovingly mock American Buddy Cop/Action flicks. If you've seen Shaun of the Dead then I don't need to tell you these boys know how to make an excellent homage. Only in Hot Fuzz, it's cops, not zombies. The laughs are plentiful, the special effects are top notch and it's just a fun movie to watch. Timothy Dalton of 007 fame even shows up as a wickedly fun villain. This will definitely be a DVD I purchase.

2 comments:

Buzz said...

That's all I need to know.

Your recommendation is all that's necessary.

buzz

exile said...

randi and exile agreeing on a movie review? wow, this may be a sign of the appocolypse

hehehe