3.19.2007

Weekend Wrap Up

On Friday night my ma and I went down to Los Angeles to see Wicked. Prior to the show we went to a cute Japanese restaurant and shared a boat that could have fed a small army. Delicious. That place was packed! As soon as someone was seated, another party came through the door. As for the show itself, just like on Broadway, it knocked my socks off. We were in row G of the orchestra right in the center. Close enough to see the microphones on the actors' foreheads yet far enough back that we didn't have to crane our necks to see the stage. When they dimmed the lights to signal the start of the show the audience went wild. You would have thought we were at a rock concert. Every song was applauded heartily. If you haven't seen this show yet, I highly recommend you do as soon as possible. It's worth the exorbitant cost of a ticket.
We got back home around midnight and had to be up at oh dark early to watch the nephew so I spent most of St. Patrick's Day exhausted. After babysitting, I decided to skip an afternoon of drinking in favor of a 3-hour nap. I woke up from my nap to find a voicemail saying my grandma had passed away. She was born on Halloween and died on St. Patrick's day. Pretty neat to come into this world on a holiday and then go out on one, too.
So to clear up the Jesus comment below, Eli and I had gone to see a local production of Jesus Christ Superstar Saturday night. Two plays in two days? Surely you jest! It was pretty awesome even if it was a little bit of a dated rock opera. I'd never seen it before other than on a VHS tape Eli had forced me to watch years ago. The same guy that starred in the movie, Ted Neeley, played Jesus on the stage. Judas was played by Corey Glover of Living Color fame. Cult of Personality indeed. We actually saw him walking around prior to the show and Eli was like a school girl when he saw him. Mind you, he said nothing but he did point at him with his mouth agape. Classy.
As for Sunday, not much to report. I've started this allergy testing thingamajig so most of Sunday was spent cleaning my linens and covering my mattresses and pillows with hypoallergenic cases. Fun fun stuff. I also have to go on a very restrictive diet that starts today. Like to hear about it? Here it goes. I cannot eat the following: milk, chocolate, soda, nuts, eggs, shell fish, citrus fruits, the pea and bean family, tomato, corn, wheat,oats, barley, rye, food colors and cinnamon. For 2 weeks. I've already been sans soda and candy for almost 5 weeks so that part isn't too hard. So help me if I don't drop any weight doing this I'll be suicidal. Oh. Not really. But it is Spring Break so it's back to the gym with me all week long. Hallelujah.
Phew. That was a long post. Please do not operate heavy machinery after reading this. I'm concerned for your safety.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Randi,
Sorry about your grandma. I'll say a prayer.
Angela

Coodence said...

worth it to read the whole thing though cuz when you get to the bottom you get a glimpse of that cutie patootie!

Jessica said...

That whole cut everything out to find out what you are allergic thing? Not all it's cracked up to be. I was told to do that once, followed the plan religiously, and then, nothing. Good luck!

Sassy One said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. ((HUGS))

Sooo what CAN you eat then? hehe Good luck babe!

Hella said...

Hey Randi, I was able to get to see Wicked a few months back and I loved it! GALINDA was sooooo over the top that you had to laugh at her!
I am sorry to hear about your grandma. (((BIG HUGS)))

Itchy said...

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope your Dad is doing well...

Second? The cutting everything out trick? BAH! Allergy testing! Allergy testing! I know, I know...gotta do what the doctor says. But that sucks. Especially if there could, possibly be an easier way? Maybe? I'm no doctor...I'm just an allergy sufferer myself...