3.28.2007

Happy Hump Day 10

A long time ago I read a book called The Four Agreements. Since then I've recommended it to several people and for a while had it taped to my wall. How quickly I forget them, though, when I find myself crying over something someone has said to me. Eli, ever my champion, always tells me to not take things personally but I always do. In regards to yesterday's pity party, it turns out, my brother was snapping at me on the phone because he was watching a movie and about 5 other people had called before that. Not only that, he may be on the verge of losing his job. I don't usually ask this of my religious readers out there but if you could keep him and his family in your prayers it would be much appreciated.
On top of that, my boss told me in a few choice words that I'm not being very nice to him lately. He's right and I'm going to make a concerted effort to watch my mouth. Here I am worried about how everyone is being mean to me and I'm probably doing the same thing to someone else. This sailor mouth of mine is simply not cute any more and the bitch act is totally stale. I'm a nice person! Honest! I'm just menstrual and craving delicious sweets! I just need to be more impeccable with my word.
The reason my ma and I got into it on Saturday was that I made the assumption when my dad got tickets for a Dodger game on Mother's Day she'd be happy to go. We have a tradition in my family that's been going on for as long as I can remember that we go to a Dodger game on or around my birthday. This time it just so happened my birthday is on the Saturday before Mother's Day. Basically? She doesn't want to spend Mother's Day away from her mother or at a game. Due to my assumption there is now tension and original plans I had to have a birthday party at her house are for the time being sort of ruined.
Finally, I have simply not been doing my best when it comes to certain aspects of my life. Just yesterday, BFF chastised me for saying negative things about my appearance. I've also not been finishing my school assignments and exercise is practically non-existent now that school's back in session. However, I have been doing my best on this diet. It's day 10 of 14. This morning I found that I have at least an inch to spare on the waistline of my jeans. Now that I'm seeing results I have a feeling it will take the edge off a bit.
So that's all the news that's fit to print. Have a happy hump day!

2 comments:

Shora said...

Hope your birthday plans work out hon, I'll be in Greece that day, but I'll be sending out a big, loud "Opah!!!" just for you. xoxo

Itchy said...

I'm not good at the tough love shtick so I'll just say this: Follow your own very wise advice.

:)