3.20.2007

Doing The Best I Can

Man, you guys. This is a hard hard diet to be on. It seems like even though I'm trying my hardest to stick to it I'm failing. Do you have any idea how many food items have corn syrup in them? I mean really? A lot! I'm supposed to eat rice cereal and there wasn't any at the healthy Trader Joe's so I grabbed some Rice Krispies and voila! There's corn syrup in it. There's citric acid in all kinds of beverages, too, like fruit juice and my favo flavored sparkling water. I'm not supposed to have corn or citrus. On the milk/chocolate exclusion paperwork it says root beer is OK to drink so last night I had one because my blood sugar had plummeted to the point that I was turning into a homicidal maniac. Dude. My first soda in almost 5 weeks. It was delicious. I figure Jesus will forgive me for flaking on my Lent sacrifice because He must know I am not eating any delicious dessert items for the next 2 weeks instead. Anyway, my point wasn't confession. I had this delicious root beer and on the egg exclusion diet it says "NO ROOT BEER" because they put eggs in it for foam. No shit? I have to cross reference about 5 different diet plans and it sucks. But enough about that.
Last night I made it back to the gym and this morning I'm feeling that delightful tingle in my muscles reminding me that they're alive and well. I started out with a 15 minute brisk walk on the treadmill and concluded with a 15 minute jog. It was so invigorating. I can not wait to get back into the swing of things. Then I topped it off with a home-cooked meal and some hot tubbing. Can't complain.
The best part of last night was I Love New York. Did anyone else catch this freak show? Those brothers are a couple of cry babies, huh? There were so many classic moments but WTF was up with Tango's cap on sideways covering his right ear and half his head? Homeboy looked ridonkulous. I almost shat myself when Real got eliminated. I thought for sure he'd be the winner. Crazy. Now it's down to Chance and Tango and methinks Tango will have to win. Chance is too volatile and unpredictable and you can tell she really wants to be with him but it'll be just like Flav and New York. Lots of chemistry but no possibility of a relationship. Plus Tango loves his mama and he loves New York. Sigh. I'm so ashamed of that last paragraph. By the way? That charm school show starts on April 15th. Join me won't you? In the viewing of shame?

6 comments:

Buzz said...

Ridonkulous indeed.

That show is such a train wreck. All I can do is roll my eyes.

Why real brought on the tears after ilimination was beyond me.


Glad you're feeling good about the gym. If you had that kind of response to root beer, wait till you treat yourself to something more decadent, like cake.

-buzz

Coodence said...

Haha don't be ashamed hodie. Now you're just like the rest of us.

ceedee said...

ummmm...just so you know, citric acid is NOT citrus....it's just an acid found in citrus, so it's fine for you to eat. :)

Itchy said...

OOOF! So much to keep up with. I hope it works...

Sassy One said...

I don't know how you are doing this diet..even with a little "cheating". I tip my hat to you.

exile said...

well if you eat enough fruit you'll lose plenty of weight

(yes, it's a poop reference)