Well, it's official. I survived a week of starvation. Oh, if only that were true. I'm by no means starving. You would think that I would be a shadow of my former self considering I've become some sort of health fanatic but I think the truth of the matter is I am simply eating more health food to make up for the lack of goodies. Does that make sense? So while I may not be eating candy or fast food or any of the finer things in life, I'm still making sure I eat enough rice cakes and jelly that I won't go hungry. I hopped on the scale at my parents' house this weekend and if it is to be believed, I maybe lost 2-3 pounds last week. Not too shabby.
Big differences I've noticed in a week of this diet, if you care to know, are:
- I'm in the bathroom a whole lot these days. That's all I'll say about that.
- My fridge looks like a grown-up's fridge chock full of veggies and meat.
- I make my meals rather than buy them.
- Health food is much more costly than regular food so even though I'm making more meals myself, I'm still spending about the same amount of money.
- My tummy no longer resembles Buddha. Methinks it's the lack of wheat.
- One glass of wine can knock me on my ass now.
- I've not felt "stuffed" once. Nor full. Not hungry, though, just not particularly satisfied.
Also? Yesterday I went on a hike and found that while I had a lot of energy, by the end of the trail I was about ready to crash. Like I was a bit shaky and simply spent. But that could have just been the bright sun at high noon. 90 minutes on the trail, followed by a healthy salad for lunch, a delightful bubble bath, an hour-long nap and then the rest of my Sunday afternoon spent lying on my couch in front of the boob tube. A great day all the way around.