2.15.2007

Love Thursday Test Run

The lovely HDW suggested that I try out Love Thursday as a substitute to HNT. I'll give it a go seeing as yesterday was the day of love and I experienced a movie (something I love) that contained things I love: Drew Barrymore, comedy and pop music. Music and Lyrics follows the rom-com formula to a T so it has an element of predictability and a comfortable feel like you've been down that road before. There are times where it drags a bit but it's just a good old-fashioned date movie. My mom, Hetero Life Partner and I were all alone on Valentine's Day so it was just a feel-good film to go to even if it was a bit cheesy at times. Hugh Grant spends the majority of the film popping and thrusting his hips as an 80s has-been pop star-cum-songwriter. Drew is his ditzy, plant watering muse. Fate throws them together and they fall in love. Of course there's more to it than that but not really. I'm going to give kudos to Kristen Johnston, formerly of 3rd Rock From The Sun fame. She plays Drew's older sister who as a teen was smitten with Hugh Grant's pop star character and I found her to be really hilarious. This movie won't win an award or change your life but the giggles it provides are worth the price of admission. Plus? They play homage to VH1's Pop Up Video... I mean... come on.
So I'm not sure if this counted as Love Thursday so much as a mid-week movie review but there you have it.

3 comments:

Itchy said...

I've already added this one to my "will watch on a rainy Saturday when nobody is looking" list. Because who doesn't want to spend some time listening to Hugh Grant talk with his yummy accent and stammer all about like he does.

Jessica said...

I was thinking of taking up Love Thursday myself. I will see how it goes for you before I jump in . . .

hotdrwife said...

YAY!! I loved it! And I will check out the movie ...