2.06.2007

Living My Life Like It's Golden

Damn, that's a great Jill Scott song... Anyway, I'm done with the heavy, socially challenging posts for a while. Apparently all of this education I'm getting has turned me into Oprah but that shit is coming to a screeching halt. Let's have some fun! Ok, now I'm getting away from myself. Let's just say that yesterday I closed a doorway to my past. Took out the papers and the trash, if you will. It's bittersweet because I may very well have lost a friend but it had to be done in order for me to move on with my life. Can't be weighted down with excess baggage at this point. To "celebrate" this new chapter of my life I made spontaneous dinner plans with the fella I mentioned a few weeks back. Is that sort of an oxymoron? Spontaneous plans? Probably. I'm a planner so if I don't know days in advance if I'm doing something I consider a random gathering spontaneous. Wow. Long winded much? I ordered a chimichanga which is basically a deep fried burrito for those of you that don't habla espanol. It was bigger than a baby and covered with at least a bag's worth of grated cheese, heaping mounds of guacamole and sour cream. Essentially, it was an impossible feat to eat. Hehe. I rhymed. While the dinner itself was impressive, so was the conversation. God, do I love great conversation. I really don't know where I was going with this post other than to say that I'm certainly glad I ditched the past, stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something new. It's hard to put into words how rewarding it feels. K, that's all. Back to work!

4 comments:

Itchy said...

Now I need a chimichanga....oh yes. There is a place right down the road that I could sneak away right now...dammit! You had to go and say chimichange and burrito, didn't you? Man. I'm hungry.

AND YAY! Good conversation is awesome! I'm so glad that you did that. Good for you Randi!!!

Jessica said...

I am kind of a planner, too. Doesn't it feel great to do something last minute once in a while? Too much spontaneity makes me nervous, but once in a while it's a good thing.

PS - I want a chimichanga now, too.

Sassy One said...

Never had one of those..but now I'm hungry. Thanks.

hdw said...

I love that Jill Scott song!!!