1.22.2007

Saint Diego

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego,
which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
Took ourselves a wee road trip yesterday. I drove down to the LBC in the early hours of the morn to meet up with the oh-so-delightful Cin & Omar and as a trio we headed down to SD to see BFF, Babe and family. What a hoot. The sun was shining, the food was delicious and the company couldn't have been better. Honestly, sometimes I feel like a bit of a shit for living in Southern Cali because where else are they having a BBQ in the yard in January? Awesome. Anywho, it was BFF's sister Ang's birthday so we had to celebrate with some bratwurst and Fat Tire, of course! Then I met the nephew for the first time and got to see how big the niece has gotten. Man do I love me some BFFfamily.
I missed the football games but I'm disappointed the Saints lost. MamaBFF is stoked that the Bears won, though, so I'll revel in her happiness. And I can.not.believe. that the stinkin' Patriots lost. Mind you, I'm thrilled because at least now a Colts/Bears Superbowl wiill be a little less predictable than if the Pats went AGAIN but wow. Way to go, underdog.
On another front, Burbujas, if you still read this little blog of mine, San Diego will always remind me of you. Hell, the drive to the LBC reminds me of you. It seems like only yesterday that you and me and BFF and Babe were taking pictures on the Pacific Beach boardwalk near the pier. It never ceases to amaze me how vivid those memories still are, even after 5 years. I'm sure this is a bad idea to post but whatever. It's my blog. I figure it's probably the same for you, too.
MOVING ON! I start school today. Just thought everyone should know.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Randi,
Thanks for coming to my party. It ws great to see you!
Ang

Shora said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend babe. Go Colts! And happy back to school. And happy birthday Ang! And happy Monday. Yeah, all that stuff.

steve said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!

Good for you:-}