April 19 - May 19
It is time to put away the sentimental feelings for the day and move to something new, dear Taurus. Stop pulling out old photo albums and crying about past experiences. You will only succeed in sinking into a puddle of tears that you cannot pull yourself out of. Instead, this is a day to look to the future and plan for new experiences that you can enjoy with the people you love.
My love life, and I use that term very loosely, has a revolving cast of characters that I'm really considering canning all together. The worst thing about it is that they seem to all pop up at once and then disappear just as quickly. My "goldfish syndrome" has been mentioned here before but I basically am a forgiver and a forgetter and am all about second, third, hell even seventieth chances. Does that make me a doormat? Perhaps. Or it could just mean that I'm up there on Jesus status when it comes to turning the other cheek. More than likely, it's the former.
Anywho, this weekend was all about QB and another ex who shall for the time being be known as Punchy. Not like with a fist but, like, punch drunk. QB fell off the face of the earth and has been slowly trying to get back into my good graces. Punchy, also an ex, has always been around but we've remained the best of friends with benefits only on occasion. Now they're both trying to be with me at the same time, completely unaware of the other for the most part, and I'm stuck trying to figure out what I want. So I thought a good practice would be to list the qualities of my ideal mate here:
- Baseball and/or hockey fan - preferably both
- Social drinker but not a functioning alcoholic
- We should take care of each other - not me of him or him of me but mutual
- Educated - not necessarily degree-wise but worldly, an avid reader...
- Lover of movies
- A cook to balance off my baking/appetizer skills
- A gentleman that opens doors and walks on the curbside
- Loves to travel
- Food and wine connoisseur - or at least an adventurous and not finicky eater
- Musically diverse
- Takes care of himself physically - not muscle bound per se but do you go to the doctor/dentist regularly? Are you able to go on a hike or the gym and survive?
Is that so much to ask?