1.31.2007

Musical Hump Day

I'd like to start today's post off by addressing the fact that the people that comment here on "It's still all about me..." are a bunch of social and/or sexual deviants. Lingerie to school? Sitting on the prof's lap? Roofies? Note to self: Avoid seeking dating advice online. You all are too much yet very effective at putting a smile on this blogger's face. I think for the time being I will be sticking to making eye contact and raising my hand in class to get noticed. Who knows? Before the end of the 15-week semester perhaps something will come of it. If, however, there is no progress made then I'll show up in class in my underpants, mount him and slip him a roofie.
Now I'd like to recommend perhaps the greatest heartbreak song ever written, "Kissing a Fool" by either George Michael or the ever so scrumptious Michael Buble. Siiiigh. I heard that song whilst showering this morning and it summed up every emotion I have right now. Threw that bitch on repeat and sang my little heart out. It's amazing how cathartic certain songs can be. Just this morning I threw in a mix-CD (remember the days of mix-tapes?) Crusty made me that is all over the charts. The songs jump from the likes of Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole (say that 3 times fast!) singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to The Oakridge Boys "Fancy Free." And that's just the tip of the iceberg because it also has Guster, R. Kelly, Anthony Hamilton and Jack Johnson. The list goes on and on. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all but this morning it made me feel so good it brought tears to my eyes.
What song moves you to tears or makes it impossible to resist the sing along or rump shakin'?
I can't resist Dolly Parton's "9 to 5."

10 comments:

ceedee said...

you're the only one who can understand my random musica choices - so glad i can please!!!
Hang in there.....

Itchy said...

9 to 5?!?!? Oh you just cracked me up...

I cannot sing back quietly when I hear the Humpty Dance. No way, no how.

It's funny how music affects us. I was reminded of this the other day while having a conversation with a friend of mine. And out of the blue I remembered a song by Ready For The World called "In My Room." Good lawd....that song gives me shivers. It's not even that good...but it puts me in a sexual deviant mood!

Itchy said...

dang my typing. Sing back should read sit back. Damn...

Not-faint-hearted said...

You know it's bad when the ear-worm is 60's bubblegum pop of the eye-rolling variety. This week has been The Partridge Family. "I think I love you."

OMG I wish I could disconnect the song memory part of my brain.

Scottsdale Girl said...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T and then Celebrate Good Times C'MON! oooh also

Money Money

Dark Damian said...

Anything Eminem makes me feel SO much better about myself. Until I think about his millions of dollars. Then I cry.

Sassy One said...

Right now it's Finger Eleven: Paralyzer and Gary Jules: Mad World.

So lingerie is out for now? How about including some crotchless panties with an assignment?

Hella said...

OK song that brings me to tears..
The Cranberries - Dreaming my dreams
Song to dance to no matter what Jump Around - House of Pain OR Home For a Rest by Spirit of the West....that is an old college pub song!

steve said...

You got some good ones there:-}

Shora said...

I love that song by both Michaels! (Mr. Buble is Canadian eh?). Clapton's "Tears In Heaven" gets me every time. And old Janet Jackson stuff for shakin' the ol bootay... "What have you done for me lately?!?!" indeed. xo