1.24.2007

Feliz Dia De Los Humps

A valuable lesson has been learned since yesterday and that is "Keep your mouth shut and mind your own business." Some familial issues have led me to believe that it would be in my best interest to cut them off for the time being. There is enough going on in my own life that I simply have neither the time nor the energy to deal with other people's drama, especially when it involves people with whom I share a blood relation. Working full time, going to class 4 nights a week and trying to squeeze in grocery shopping and chores and a social life simply does not allow for family. Sorry, guys. You're on probation until further notice.
Last night's class also looks to be quite promising. The fact that my professor's name is Dr. Luda Popenhagen alone makes it worthwhile. And as my Monday prof cherished the word "certainly," the good doctor loves the way "exciting" rolls off her own tongue. Every other word. Watch for flying notebooks. This class is English/Theater so we get to do all kinds of fun exercises, read all sorts of "exciting" plays and at the end of the semester will be putting on a performance. How I wish it was a ticketed event so that you could all come and see my thespian chops in action. THESPIAN. Not lesbian. That is another story for another day. There's a boy named Randy in my class so that kind of sucks. I feel that this class ain't big enough for the both of us leading me to believe a duel of some sort is inevitable. Although maybe I'll cut him some slack because apparently he played baseball with my brother in little league and my dad was his coach. HOW CUTE IS THAT?! I know. Darling.
And, in closing, Vehicular is in the shop so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated at this time. Her check engine light came on when I was coming home from the LBC on Sunday and has yet to turn itself off so she's being diagnosed. The last thing I need is to be stranded in the dark on the way home from school so I'm erring on the side of caution and making sure she's ship shape before we shove off again. Lord knows rapists and murderers love the dark farm roads of Oxnard and Camarillo. Why wouldn't they?

***Update*** Vehicular is back safely in the arms of her owner. Turns out there was a problem with the "thermostat." I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy with VW so I don't even know what that means but the warranty covered it. Free is good. And apparently so is my warranty because Vehicular has 42,000+ miles on her and is 3 yrs. and 3 mos. old. Your thoughts and prayers worked! Damn. Too bad I wasted 'em on Vehicular and not on cancer cures, huh? Suuuucks.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

My thoughts and prayers are with vehicular. Get well soon, small sister!

Itchy said...

Sometimes the check engine light is for very small problems or no problem at all...just a fuse needs to be replaced. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and vehicular.

And as far as the family issues go - sounds like you've made a wise choice!

OH...and if you do duel with the boy Randy...I wanna see it. Or like hear all about it!