12.06.2006

Solid

I knew if I opened up and turned to you, fellow bloggers, that you wouldn't let me down. How touched was I to receive such good advice and positive feedback? So on the way home after a phenomenal visit with my nephew, and his parents too I guess, I called quasi-beau. Even though initially I was going to let him make the first move to make it up to me, so to speak. I pretty much told him I didn't think I could be with someone who disrespected me and that he hurt my feelings. He apologized again and told me he cared about me and suggested I think about it. I don't necessarily know that I need to. Knowing my history of forgiving and forgetting, or as BFF has dubbed it my "goldfish" syndrome, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of him but I am just not exerting any more effort over this quasi-relationship. I deserve better.
On another note, I was feebly attempting to decorate my apartment for Christmas and happened to be on my balcony when my Samuel L. Jackson-wannabe neighbor started chatting it up with me. I'm all for being a friendly neighbor but this guy just does not know when to quit! I tried to excuse myself a few times and he kept asking me to wait and chat more. So he finally got the hint and I was able to retreat back into my apartment to unwind for the night. About 5 minutes later I hear a knock on the door and homie is standing there with some puppy dog eyes and has a note extended in his hands. I said, "Is this your number?" and he stood there nodding like a child. I wanted to boot. WTF is wrong with people? Does he really think we're going to date or hook up? Jesus Christ. He has three grown children and lives TWO DOORS DOWN from me! Either he has the biggest balls on the planet or just no clue at all.
This is what I attract, people. Freaks. No Prince Charmings. No Mr. Nice Guys. Freaks.

6 comments:

Itchy said...

We all attract freaks. Otherwise we'd date one person, marry them or have a lifetime committment to them, and then go about the rest of our life. Right?

Don't get down. You rock. You are pretty and you are smart. Things happen when they are meant to happen. And things usually happen when we stop waiting for it to happen.

Stay strong. You deserve it!

Dark Damian said...

Just remember what I told you.

My clone is in the mail.

fyrchk said...

I just want you to know that this morning I typed out a long heartfelt response to your previous post. And Blogger wouldn't take it. So then I got pissed and cursed Blogger. Then I went to bed.

If you want a pen-pal, I have about 700 I could hook you up with...give me the word!

Sassy One said...

You have to kiss a few toads before you find the prince.

Just don't kiss this one...sounds like you might get a wart or something!

dirk.mancuso said...

Dear Randi,

I share your pain.

Sincerely yours,

Dirk Mancuso - Atrracting Freaks since 1966

hotdrwife said...

I had a mess o' freaks that I attracted. A guy who only would cook naked (how is that hot?), another guy I dubbed Stinky Paul Ball Sac, one guy who was still married (I think), and a slew of other asshats.

In the end, I was contemplating either becoming a lesbian and attracting the crazies on that side, or just making a long-term commitment with my vibe.

I did end up marrying a freak, but less so than the others. :)