11.26.2006

Sickies on Sunday

Dammit. Wasn't I just sick for like a week not that long ago? I clearly remember already having the flu and that was bad enough. Now I have some pain in the ass cold that is utterly pointless. My sinuses are draining down my throat and I wake up with lips that feel like they've been coated with Elmer's glue. Not exactly the look I was going for. Downside of being sick? I've been housebound for most of my 4-day weekend and I'm going to have to cancel going to visit a friend in from out of town this afternoon. I also had to turn down an offer to babysit my nephew for the first time. Upside? Lots of pajama time, got my homework for class done and I've read all of my magazines.
Oh and DVDs. If you haven't watched it in a while I highly recommend Mean Girls. Linday Lohan is such a darling and you kind of shame-shame her for turning into the clubbing tramp she is today but she's such a good actress. The lovely and intellegent Tina Fey wrote the script and it will probably go down in history as one of the great High School movies. Even Tim Meadows' understated performance is to be applauded. And if you can squeeze in a viewing of Raising Arizona I don't think you'll be disappointed. Nic Cage and Holly Hunter had me laughing my ass off. Classic.
Plus I got to see the USC Trojans stomp Notre Dame. I'm sure in hindsight it would have been better to have posted my predictions of a Trojan victory but I didn't. I did know however and they didn't let me down. I don't even like football but for some reason any time someone talks shit about USC I get all defensive. It's not like I even went to that school. Is there a cooler name (or a cuter player) than John David Booty? I just don't think so. Some of my friends have shirts that say "Are you ready for a Booty call?" and I want one.
Other than that, it's back to the grind tomorrow. Can't wait to see the windfall of shit that will be waiting for me when I go into the office. Hooray for holidays.

5 comments:

Sassy One said...

Maybe you are sick again because there has been a significant decrease in the amount of alcohol going down your gullet lately? We all know that alcohol kills germs!

Feel better!

Shora said...

Good point Sass! Alcohol is medicinal y'know.

Booty looks scary to me.

Screw La Lohan... Rachel McAdams baby! Our Canuck girl, she rocks.

Feel better soon hon.

steve said...

Booty call..........LOL!!

Buzz said...

Yeah I wonder why meadows doesn't do more stuff... He's great in mean girls though.

Thanks for the 007 review, and double thanks for the HNT, very cool!

-Buzz

Dark Damian said...

NATHAN NEED SOME HUGGIES!!!!

King of the movie quotes.