11.27.2006

Motivation?

This morning when I woke up, my eyes were sealed shut and my nose was no longer attached to my face apparently and I had that Elmer's glue lip syndrome so I called up the boss man and said I needed to sleep a bit more before I rolled into the office. After a hearty codeine-induced, 2-hour snoozefest, I finally got here around 10 a.m. but I'm feeling like someone hit me with a steam roller. Just like in A Fish Called Wanda. All slow-motion like. "It's K-K-K-Ken c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me." I think that'll be the next DVD I pop in.
Last night I threw caution to the wind and went out with Quasi-beau and a couple of his buddies to get some beer and nachos and watch some football. In hindsight, always 20/20, that might have put the nail in my cold coffin so to speak. So, Shora and Sassy, while I enjoyed your theory of alcohol killing my germs, I think I just blew it right out of the water.
So I've got a little under 6 hours left of my work day and a 3-hour class to look forward to tonight. I don't know if this gal could feel any better about the direction this day is taking, truth be told.

5 comments:

Macca said...

I enjoy A Fish Called Wanda very much. Yes, I do.

Itchy said...

My husband LOVES A Fish Called Wanda. Loves it...

I hope you start to feel better soon. Holiday colds SUCK!

Sassy One said...

So that theory goes out the window eh?

BUMMER

Rach said...

Not again, not more flu? Poor you. I'm an advocate for brandy and hot milk, vicks vapour rub, and John Mayer to sleep to when I'm ill. Hope you feel better honey.

Starlet said...

alcohol does too kill germs its like the law. I'm pretty sure its the main ingredient in robatussin.