11.20.2006

Letting Myself Down

I'd like to sum up the way I feel in a tiny little rant. I've been drinking too much, eating whatever I want and have not been exercising for at least a month. Therefore, my pants are tight, my body resembles a Jell-o Jiggler as opposed to a J-Lo Jiggler and I'm upset with myself. And my fridge and cupboards are close to bare. Also, my studies have been put on the back burner in a very unproductive way so I haven't done any reading or writing or 'rithmetic and things are due today in a very serious way. I'm tired of telling myself "tomorrow will be different" and doing nothing to change my ways. I certainly didn't see the inside of a gym this weekend and instead of buckling down and writing a rough draft of my research paper, I killed Saturday at a football game and then proceeded to suffer all day yesterday for it. Oh, hangover headaches, why? I did my laundry, paid bills and went out to dinner instead. There are days where I wonder why I'm even in school if I'm going to be taking over the family business so-to-speak and then there are days when I am so gung-ho about getting my bachelor's degree I feel like no one can stop me. Now the holidays are here and it's going to be non-stop until the middle of January. Whew. K. I feel better. Just had to get that off my chest.

6 comments:

Macca said...

Keep your head up. Once you decide to get back into it, it will all start to feel right again. Life is a series of ups and downs.

Itchy said...

Well Macca basically said what I was gonna say...dang.

So...stop being so hard on Randi! Randi needs to follow Randi's own advice.

Dark Damian said...

Yeah, Randi. We all have our lulls. You've got your head on straight; you know what your goal is. You just have to make sure you keep it in sight, that's all. And get people (like me) to prod you in the back here and there to keep your ass moving.

That always helps.

Shora said...

Blogs were made for ranting. And like the others said, we have to have those days we let ourselves do what we want, and not what we know we should be doing but don't want to. Got that? xo

fyrchk said...

It happens to everyone! You will make it past this and then we will all get to see the pictures of you clutching your degree!

Sassy One said...

Rant away babe!
It always feels better doesn't it?